15 °C

Turkey- TRNC water procurement project ro mark a first

Turkey- TRNC water procurement project ro mark a first

As part of the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (TRNC) Water Procurement Project, a new step was taken to connect Turkey and TRNC via a water pipeline under the sea. Accordingly, the 80-kilometer long pipeline built 250 meters pendant under the sea will mark a first. A total of 75 million cubic meters of water will be transferred annually from the Alakopru Dam being built on the Anamur-Dragon watercourse in Turkey's Mersin province to Gecitkoy Dam still under construction near Girne in TRNC. 50.3 percent of the 75 million cubic meters of water transferred will be drinking water and the remainder 49.7 percent will be used for irrigation purposes. When the project is completed, water needs of the TRNC will be met for 50 years. 

Dunya.com

Güncel gelişmelerden anında haberdar olun!
dunya.com'a girmeden de haberleri takip edebilirsiniz.